Cairns, AU – Monday, Mar 24th, 2014, Tuesday, Mar 25th, 2014 and Wednesday, Mar 26th, 2014

Monday, Mar 24th, 2014

I start the day doing laundry and slowly getting things organized since I’m leaving early Thursday morning. I try to get some posting done while watching basketball but I give up after 25 minutes and I can’t even get my website page up. Wifi works the best by the pool but its still raining. I work on my budget and through today I’m 40% under budget. The rain has slowed some so I head to lunch at Mexlevel then wheel down to the Esplanade. I find a covered area and make notes of what I’ve learned and what I’d change on my next trip. I’m not tired of traveling but it will be great to see Heather, family and friends. I get free wifi through the Cairns Esplanade and call Capitol One to cancel my credit card. Rain is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday so I scrap the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation Tour. I head to Rattle n Hum and see Lorraine and Dean. I have a few beers with them and talk. They leave and I stay for dinner and play a game of pool. Between the rain, I make it to Gilligan’s then back to the hostel.

Tuesday, Mar 25th, 2014

It’s raining when I wake up so I start packing since I have to be up at 3am Thursday. The rain has finally stop and I wheel around parts of Cairns taking photos.

DSCN4184 DSCN4182

I wheel around the Cairns Central Mall and again run into Lorraine and Dean. As you can tell, Cairns is not that big of a city. The mall is very accessible with ramps, elevators and accessible bathrooms. I go back to my backpackers and work on posting by the pool for about an hour before it starts raining again. The rain has been continually on and off since last Wednesday. It will rain very hard for about 30 minutes then stop for about 30 minutes to an hour. This is all from the two cyclones that have been close by. I have beers at Rattle n Hum before going back to Montezuma’s for dinner. I make my last stop at Gilligan’s then head back to my hostel early. It was a very boing day.

Wednesday, Mar 26th, 2014

It’s not raining when I wake and I have no plans but finish packaging. My parents brought my scuba gear in a bigger bag than I have been traveling with. The plan was to fit what I’ve been traveling with and my scuba gear in the bigger bag but after several tries this was not happening. I’m now stuck with carrying two bags for my trip home plus my carry on. After packing, I make one last trip down to the Esplanade and wheel about 7 miles just taking in the scenery for the last time. I have dinner and a couple beers at Rattle n Hum then back to the backpackers. It’s an early night because I get picked up by the shuttle service at 3:55am Thursday morning.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s